After our change in leadership this past fall and life with all its ups and downs we have found ourselves with a few open positions to fill. We have a great opportunity for a few of you who are desirous of being more active with the chapter.
The following position are currently open: Membership Chair and Education Chair. In addition, our current Secretary is coming up on the end of her term so we will soon need to fill this important elected position as well as a new Presiden-Elect (Vice President). These two elected positiosn will be voted on in May.
Below you will see the descriptions of these positions that we would like to get filled sooner rater than later. If you are curious and what to see what we do in real time or rather practical application you are always welcome to sit in on our staff meeting.
Thus, if you are interested please send an email with your inquiry to email@example.com. We look forward to helping you be a bigger part of NCMA Denver!!
The NCMA Denver Chapter Board Officers
The President-Elect leads the chapter in the absence of the president and is first in the line of succession. He or she serves as the senior advisor to the president. The President-Elect/Vice Presidentâ€™s duties include:
â€¢ Assuming the duties of the Chapter President in the event of his or her absence;
â€¢ Advising and assisting the President in the conduct of his or her duties;
â€¢ Serving as a member of the chapterâ€™s board of directors;
â€¢ Performing functional duties assigned to the position, if any; and
â€¢ As President-Elect, assuming the duties of the Chapter President the following program year.
The Chapter Secretary is responsible for managing the chapterâ€™s communications and records. The Chapter Secretaryâ€™s duties include:
- Notifying chapter board members of board meetings.
- Recording, distributing, and retaining meeting minutes.
- Maintaining the chapter bylaws.
- Notifying the National Office of the results of chapter elections and appointments of Volunteers.
The Membership Chair is responsible for managing chapter membership concerns. The Membership Chairâ€™s duties include:
- Recruiting new members to NCMA and contacting the National Office for promotional
- materials for membership recruitment.
- Maintaining chapter membership roster records and reports.
- Establishing a membership campaign for new and renewing NCMA members.
- Pulling data for membership anniversaries and preparing certificates for awards /
- Providing updates at chapter board meetings concerning chapter membership data.
The Education Chair is responsible for identifying and coordinating the programs and educational seminars provided to benefit our membership their duties include:
- Preparing an agenda of programs and educational seminars for the program year.
- Coordinating the invitation of speakers for all such programs.
- Coordinating announcements and invitations for all such programs.
- Arranging for continuing education credits to be awarded for attendance to educational seminars; and
- Writing articles on programs for the membership newsletter and website.