Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
This position provides support primarily to multiple customers within NREL’s Site Operations department at any given time, which involves a growing range of procurement services to the Laboratory as a whole. Learning to use standard practices and procedures, as well as business systems in order to complete assigned work is a requirement. Discretion of judgement is increasingly used to determine how to solve problems. Work is supervised for overall accuracy, judgement of the subcontract administrator and quality of results and file.
Relevant Bachelor's Degree and 2 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Or, relevant Master's Degree or equivalent relevant education/experience.
Additional Required Qualifications
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at NREL you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
NREL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard basis of age (40 and over), color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin/ancestry, race, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding), sexual orientation, and any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the Law | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination | Reasonable Accommodations
E-Verify www.dhs.gov/E-Verify|For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
- Coordinate with internal customers to generate specifications and statements of work
- Develop effective procurement strategy with internal customers based on needs of the project and end user
- Perform Market Research
- Conduct close-out meetings with construction contractors to capture lessons-learned
- Perform price analysis for competitive procurements
- Negotiate and administer fixed price construction task orders and subcontracts
- Resolve issues related to subcontractor performance, subcontractor equipment purchases, environment/health/safety concerns and organizational conflicts of interest.
- Ensure timely and accurate files are completed to support the award of task orders and subcontracts
- Team with Acquisition Service Group members on projects as assigned.
- General knowledge and application of technical standards, principles, theories and techniques.
- Frequent application of industry concepts and principles.
- Basic knowledge of laws, regulations, principles, procedures and practices related to specific field.
- Skilled in problem solving, written and verbal communication.
- Ability to use various computer software programs.
- Complete understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the business support activities, and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Financial analysis and business math skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with attention to detail and planning.
- Ability to work in a changing and fast paced team-oriented environment, ability to interpret and discuss technical information with others as well as analyze and provide solutions to less complex contractual issues.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated Purchase Order/contract administration experience with various types of commercial item/service purchases is desired.
- Ideal candidate will have the ability to develop strategies to deal with project and program contractual issues with limited assistance from Acquisition Service Team members.